Quick Summary: Microsoft .Net framework is designed by Microsoft to implement web applications and windows applications. Which provides programming environment to develop applications.
.Net providers feature like web applications, desktop applications and cloud systems.
What is NET development platform?
Microsoft .NET comes in four types: .NET Framework, .NET Core, Xamarin, and Universal Windows Platform (UWP). Combination of these implementations are called the .NET development platform. Each type contains frameworks and libraries which is helpful to build applications.
WPF – Windows Presentation Foundation
To create attractive graphical interface for client applications based on Windows OS. WPF uses XAML (Extensible Mark-up Language).
Windows Desktop Application Forms
To develop desktop application with attractive graphic GUI class library used within the .NET framework development. Also easier to update and deployment.
For Desktop engineering WPF and Windows desktop application form used to develop websites and web applications. The CLR (common Language runtime) it’s core to write ASP.NET code using .NET language.
This component is used to develop mobile backend, web applications and services. This component is modified framework from ASP.NET and it is cross platform and supports the Windows and Linux.
Xamarin App Development
For mobile applications and Mac we can use Xamarin. It is independently designed from Microsoft as pen source branch of the .NET platform. It extends .Net components to build specific applications for iOS, android, macOS, and more.
Benefits of .NET App development
There are so many banefits of .net application development, some of them are listed here.
- Object-oriented software development model: .Net framework is based on OOP and OOP development model helpful to divide code in different segments, we can reuse the code also involves the less coding for the developer. We can re-use the code and reuse the component in a less time and less cost.
- Caching system: Caching memory used to store basic and some piece of information in a temporary storage to avoid duplicate server requests which increase the performance of the application.
- Visual Studio IDE: IDE is interface which is used by programmers to develop applications using required tools. Using IDE development is very easy and fast to write code and test the application. VS IDE used to develop debug and publish the application.
- .NET Core Cross-platform support: .NET supports multiple operating systems and also open source platform.
- Flexible deployment and easy maintenance: due to feature of the modular design developer can easily maintain the code and quick bug fixing and debugging of the application. The deployment is also very flexible to copy folder.
- Universal .NET Standard: This features helpful to every new platform no need to redevelop application for each platform.it works based on the .Net framework libraries. Developer can use common functionality like graphic, database manipulations and communication with XML files.
- Automatic monitoring in ASP.NET: Automatic monitoring notifies memory leaks and issues and infinites loops. It monitors all the web pages and application on the server.
- Roslyn and RyuJIT compilers: To compile C# or VB in to common intermediate language .Net uses two compilers which is Roslyn and RyuJIT.
- Active Microsoft support: When the company launch any new feature or any update they well maintain in proper document which is very helpful to developer.
When to use the .NET
- Scalable products: Net provides scalable environment to redesign or redevelop any existing applications.
- Cross-platform needs: To develop application which should work on multiple os then .Net is the platform is a good choice. With this platform we can reduce the efforts to develop application like mobile and desktop applications.
- Enterprise-scale infrastructures: To develop application for enterprise level .Net has multiple tools to build enterprise products.
Author – Nilam Chauhan
Get in Touch