Planning a trip wasn’t as easy as it is now. All thanks go to a feature-rich of travel app. Over a single click, travel enthusiasts can book tickets, make hotel reservations, plan adventures, manage finances, and so on.
Not only travelers but also travel industry players are able to have seamless operations as managing inventories, itineraries planning, travel package cost analysis, and communication with travel agents is now accurate and quick.
In this guide, you will learn about the nitty-gritty of travel app development in 2022 so that perfection can be attained.
Current Travel Market App Scenario
The travel market app is at its all-time high as more and more people are using smartphones/tablets and are looking for apps for every task. Here are a few attention-worthy stats about the travel market app industry.
- According to a recent study, nearly one billion were travel app users in 2019.
- com is the most downloaded travel app to date in 2021, 45.7 million people used the app.
- 21% of global travelers have shifted to a travel agent app and found it more useful those real-time travel agents.
- 61% of US travelers prefer using a mobile phone to make bookings and reservations while traveling.
- Averagely, US travelers use nearly 7-8 apps while planning travel. It includes maps, airlines, weather, hotel booking apps, and many more.
- 66% of US travelers love the idea of using a digital boarding pass as it makes travel more leisure.
These stats prove that the travel app is a boon for travelers and industry players.
Future Innovations and Trends Influencing Mobile Travel App Development
While you’re planning to develop a travel app, keeping updated with current and result-driven technology and trends is imperative. It leads to futuristic app development.
- The use of voice search and voice control is going to be more as travelers find it easier and hassle-free. People are making voice searches for hotels, destinations, booking, and packages
- Travelers love VR tours and they provide a real-time experience of a particular place without even visiting it. Travel agents have admitted that the use of VR tours increases booking and reservation incidences. Hence, you must capitalize on this trend.
- Personal travel bot agents are growing as travelers find them useful for personalized travel planning. They love the idea of having a dedicated travel agent that will help you plan to travel as per your requirements.
- Contactless payment is a boon for the travel industry as it allows customers to make payments via multiple modes and at least possible hassles. Such payments are quick and bring discounts/coupons.
- Social media travel planning is one feature customers seek in a travel app. They want the app to collect suggestions from friends/family/expert reviews/social media posts while planning a travel. Such travel planning ought to be more apt and cost-optimized.
- Cryptocurrency as a payment means is one of the most recent developments that the travel industry has faced. Cryptocurrency is on the verge of becoming the most preferred payment mode as it’s safe and helps maintain anonymity. It would be better if you include this technology in your future travel app.
- IoT will penetrate the tour and travel industry more deeply as hotels use biometric-based room locking systems and a centralized system to control light/AC/heaters. In fact, airports have started using sensor-based luggage cases that will send alters to travelers.
- Hotels of premium grade have started using recognition technology to grant access. They use fingerprinting scanning, retina scanning, and other biometric tracings for access, which is swift and hassle-free.
Types of Travel Mobile Apps That You Can Develop
Based on the requirement and the issues that you’re trying to solve using a travel mobile app, you have the choice to develop apps like:
- Planning app – For booking and reservation, travel package comparisons, and loyalty tracking. It’s used by travel agencies, travel suppliers, and consumers.
- Deals Alerts App – Used for diverting the traffic of interested customers to the partner site. Travel agents mostly use such apps and provide details related to local deals and cost-optimized packages.
- Travel Guide App – Such apps are useful for travel planning as travel guides, tips, tricks to save money, reviews, and much other related information is provided.
- Flight booking app – Perhaps the most widely used travel app, the flight booking app helps a traveler to compare flight ticket prices, book flights, redeem loyalty points, and so on.
- Virtual Tour App – The app provides a realistic tour of key travel destinations using the 3D camera., animation, or panoramic photos. It’s useful for travel agents, travel agencies, hotels, and restaurants.
Need assistance in building a modern yet feature-rich Travel app?
Get in touch with us to build a profitable Travel app to grow your business exponentially. We have proven expertise in offering mobility solutions for the travel industry.
Key Features of Travel App Development
A travel app development in 2022 is only successful when it comprises the best utility that comes with relevant features. Hence, make sure the below-mentioned features are part of your travel app.
- Climate and weather updates – There is no point in offering a travel app that provides real-time updates on the weather. Having knowledge of climatic conditions and weather is useful for entire travel planning. It helps in strategic packing and getting equipped as per the place’s climatic condition.
- GPS and Geo location tracking – Traveling to unknown places can be stressful for a few. So, it’s better to provide GPS and geo-location tracking facilities in the mobile travel app. This feature allows travelers to easily find the nearest places and track the route.
- Voice search – As mentioned above, more and more people are using voice search while planning a travel. So, if you include this feature in your travel app, then your app can certainly gain an edge over others.
- Reviews and recommendations – We all love to have a look at reviews and recommendations while making any purchase. It holds more importance in travel planning as some places can be disappointing in reality. With user reviews and recommendations, it’s easy to know whether the place is worth visiting.
- Multiple payment gateways – Payment is integral to travel planning unless you’re just offering travel guides or VR tours. An ideal travel mobile app should be able to accept multiple payment means and process payments safely.
- Currency converter – This feature is useful if you’re offering international travel packages as it will allow travelers to easily find the converted value of the currency.
- Tracking – A travel mobile app should be able to track packages and booking status in real-time. Tracking related to flight status, hotel booking status, cab arrival, and so on should be offered. Tracking these travel components allows travelers to stay informed and on time.
- Price comparison – If your customers want the best deal, you should offer price comparison metrics. Using this tool, your customers will be able to compare flight, hotel, and travel packages and fetch a great deal.
- Itinerary generator – Planning travel is a tedious and confusing job. Also, people don’t want to waste time planning a trip. With an itinerary generator, travelers will have a personalized travel itinerary ready in a blink of an eye. It saves a huge deal of time and effort.
Build Custom Travel App with C-Metric
It takes a lot of expert assistance to bring the idea of having a feature-rich travel app into conception. Detailed understanding of the latest app development technology, vigor to perform tedious yet essential app testing, understanding the specific needs, and sticking to the pre-allotted budget are a few non-negotiable aspects of perfected travel app development.
Pulling off there isn’t at all. Only a veteran of mobile app development, like C-Metric, can make it happen. C-Metric has a skilled in-house team of native, hybrid, and cross-platform mobile app developers to hire. Based on your project requirements, you can hire our seasoned app developer and make your move towards flawless mobile travel app development. Our developers will delve deeper into your requirements and include features that align best with your necessities. Hence, 100% customization is achieved in the travel mobile app development.
Whether you need a flight booking app or a travel app development company, we have years of experience in travel app development for all the shapes and sizes of clients. Thousands of businesses have already become a part of the digitized economy with the help of the advanced mobile app developed by C-Metric.
It’s your turn now. Book a free consultation today and learn about endless growth opportunities you’re missing out on for your Travel business.